Kargil Vijay Diwas : 26 July
Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year on July 26 since the year 1999, to mark India’s victory over Pakistan in the Kargil conflict. This year nation is celebrating the 23 years of victory in the Kargil war. It was in 1999 that a high altitude mountain war broke out along the peaks of Kargil near the Line of Control, the de-facto border that divides Kashmir between the two nations.
History of Kargil War:
- The Kargil War was fought between May-July of 1999 in the Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir along the Line of Control (LoC) in which India got the victory.
- The Kargil war was fought for more than 60 days, ended on 26 July.
- On this date in 1999 Pakistan army taking advantage of the melting snow and betraying the bilateral understanding of both the nations (that the post would remain unattended during the winter season) took command of the high outposts of India.
- Pakistan army refused the claims that its soldiers were involved in the war and claimed that they were the rebels from Kashmir itself, but the ammunition, identity cards, rations stores and other evidence prove that the Pakistan army was behind this cowardly act.
- The operation was launched by the Indian Army twice in Indian history. The first Operation Vijay was launched in 1961 that led to the capture of Goa, Anjediva islands and Daman and Diu.
- The second operation was launched in 1999. Both the operations were of huge success. However, the Kargil Vijay However, the Kargil Vijay Diwas is marked on the culmination of Kargil war.
- July 26 is celebrated as “Kargil Vijay Diwas” every year to mark the successful completion of “Operation Vijay” that ended the 3-month war along the Line of Control. Nearly 490 Indian army officers, soldiers and jawans were martyrs during the course of the battle.
Operation White Sea:
The operation White Sea was also launched during the Kargil war, 1999. During the operation, the Indian Air Force jointly acted with Indian Army to flush out regular and irregular troops of the Pakistani army.
हर साल 26 जुलाई को कारगिल जंग (Kargil War) में अपने प्राणों की आहुति देने वाले सैनिकों को सम्मानित करने और जंग में जीत के उपलक्ष्य में 'विजय दिवस' के तौर पर मनाया जाता है. ये दिन 'ऑपरेशन विजय' (Operation Vijay) की सफलता का प्रतीक माना जाता है. इस मौके पर देश के लिए कुर्बानी देने वाले वीर सपूतों को याद किया जा रहा है.
भारत और पाकिस्तान के बीच ये युद्ध मई से जुलाई 1999 तक चला था. 'ऑपरेशन विजय' के जरिए भारत के जांबाज सैनिकों ने कारगिल द्रास क्षेत्र में पाकिस्तानी हमलावरों द्वारा कब्जा किए गए क्षेत्रों को फिर से वापस प्राप्त कर लिया था.